Tuesday, April 19, 2016

P is for Pafko

Cubs Home run hitters from Aramis to Zimmerman


P is for Pafko



Andy Pafko
1921-2013


Cubs,Dodgers (Brooklyn),Braves (Milwaukee) 
Andy Pafko played outfield for the Cubs from 1943 to 1951 when he was moved to Brooklyn Dodgers midseason.  Pafko was an all star 4 consecutive years (1947 to 1950).  Pafko batted .294 as a Cub over 9 seasons and hit 126 of his 213 MLB homers with Chicago. This places him 16th all time in Cubs Home run hitters.  After the Cubs Pafko played with Jackie Robinson in Milwaukee and Hank Aaron In Milwaukee.   


For More A to Z Blogging click here.  

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I'm not into sports much so I haven't heard of these folks but I'm glad you're focusing on lesser known sports figures. My oldest son (13) recently started talking sports - and I mean really talking it - like a foreign language except he understands it. Not like his French class...