Thursday, April 21, 2016

R is for Ron

Cubs Home run hitters from Aramis to Zimmerman


R is for Ronny



Ron Santo

Cubs, White Sox
I may be the only person who liked it when Ron Santo came to the White Sox for his final season in 1974.  I was a kid,I had just switched alliances from the Cubs to the SOx and one of my favorite Cubbies was coming to the South Side.

One of the people who liked the arrangement the least was Santo.  He wanted and thought he deserved to retire as a Cub but he thought he had more gas in the tank and went to the Sox when the Cubs did not want him.  

It turns out he had very little left in the tank and had an abysmal year.  But letstalk about what Ronny achieved for the Cubs, which is quite a bit.  

For More A to Z Blogging click here.  

No comments:


Check out my other blog.

Greg Maddux HOF Speech